Eestlased on Match Race Germany’l teisel kohalPurjetamine
- Kaljurand's father a war heroEstonian newsPresidential candidate Marina Kaljurand's father is the bearer of two Iron Cross decorations and a brother-in-arms of the Latvian Waffen-SS, an article from the late 1980s reveals. A photo published with the article depicts Imants Uits sporting a prominent mustache on the backdrop of his house and the Latvian flag.
- Merit Kopli: I like it difficultEstonian newsToday's the final working day for editor-in-chief of Postimees and COE of Postimees Group Merit Koplil (47). Eleven years at helm of Estonia's biggest daily is but one year less than her four predecessors – all male – put together. Educated as German philologist, in two months she will be heading to Germany to work as Estonia's cultural attache, tasked with introducing the Estonian culture and enhance the export of it.
- EU energy chief differs with Nord Stream 2 teamEstonian newsVice president of European Commission regarding energy union, Maroš Šefčovič says no business project has encountered such political headwinds as the Nord Stream 2 (NS2) pipeline. If the builders wish to carry out their current plans to complete the work by 2019, he says they will have to consider all EU rules the third energy package included.
- Editorial: the Russian gas gunEstonian newsDuring the reign of Vladimir Putin, the Kremlin has used state gas monopoly Gazprom as foreign policy tool to retain influence over neighbours. Since the Ukraine-Russia gas fights in mid-2000ies, energy security and reducing dependency on Russian gas, currently about quarter of gas consumed in Europe, has continually been on European agenda.
- Nord Stream 2 – super profit, security threat, or both?Estonian newsThe Nord Stream 2 (NS2) pipeline planned in Baltic Sea to take natural gas from Vyborg, Russia to Greifswald, Germany and be completed by end of 2019 promises all to reap billions of euros of profit. That is the mantra repeated by people working for the project when one says he doubts profitability of the mega project. That despite the conditions where natural gas price is down more than by half during these past two years.