Economic policy leaning to the leftEstonian news
- Boy band looking for a leaderEstonian news„I don't want to be coarse; however, I can put it in no other way,“ the Pro Patria Res Publica (IRL) union's native pro patrians found after the party council met on Saturday. The virtual vote of no confidence in chairman Margus Tsahkna now leaves the party's uncertain fate in the hands of the Res Publica camp.
- Savisaar won't attend Center Party congress, asks to vote for ToomEstonian newsThe incumbent chairman of Estonia's Center Party, Edgar Savisaar, announced on Friday that he will not attend the party's extraordinary congress on Saturday and is asking his supporters to vote for Yana Toom at the chairman election, at the same time stressing that he will not withdraw from politics and will definitely continue in the Center Party.
- Editorial: Akela errsEstonian newsIn the «Jungle Book» by Rudyard Kipling, we remember reading how head of the wolf pack Akela let a prey slip while hunting. He was old, and not as good as he once was. The word spread and foes seized their chance. As Mr Kipling personally put it: «Once the head of the pack begins to err, they will be calling him a «dead wolf» no matter that he's still alive, as he hasn't got long to live.»
- Editorial: the true essence of the Mihkel Raud flop TV and guitar guy gets out of parliament and politicsEstonian news
- Two chair bill will produce retarded policy Former Chancellor of Justice takes a standEstonian newsTomorrow is second Riigikogu reading for draft act allowing parliament members to also sit on local councils. Former Chancellor of Justice Allar Jõks fought it back then and is fighting it now, claiming the descent of Riigikogu people upon councils is a sign of shortage of party cadres and will hinder development.
- Editorial: conflict v compromiseEstonian newsTo a degree, stiffness and «my way» is turning into a stumbling stone for a key figure in current governing coalition, health and labour minister Jevgeni Ossinovski. After rising to lead Soc Dems in May 2015, he was expected to do a kind of restart and raise the party's popularity and profile by bringing it out of the shadows of partners.
- Editorial: trust shaking, govt standingEstonian newsIn the common clay pot of the threefold coalition, new cracks are these days being discovered while pointing at one another saying was this you? Even so, the pot is intact being one of the kind in the household. And the cooking will go on, near-term. This might be a picture to paint about this next crisis of trust.